Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wet Mornings


Woke up with the sound of the pouring rain landing on our iron roof. It's 7am. And I'm late. Usually by 7, I'm already on a PUV on my way to work. Half an hour later, I'm out of the house.

You see, catching a ride to work is always a tough feat. A lot of waiting. Standing. Running. Pushing people aside. And finally sitting for almost two hours to arrive at one's destination. Imagine that at least 15 other people are doing this. And every time, only 10 are accommodated by Manong's FX. Today proved to be harder since it's pouring like crazy.

The sound of the pouring rain that woke me up, continued to generously land on the FX's roof and it's starting to lull me to sleep. After two hours, I wake up greeted by lofty buildings and droves of men and women walking around with umbrellas above their head.

All of us, just longing to arrive at our destination - dry.

Photo credit: travelpod.com

No comments:

Post a Comment