Friday, July 24, 2009

Atonement

"I'm very, very sorry for the terrible distress that I've caused you. I am very, very sorry..."



Joe Wright's interpretation of Ian McEwan's literary masterpiece, "Atonement" is one of the best book-to-movie adaptations I have ever seen.

Tim Villarica lent me the book a week ago and I'm still on the 4th chapter, so I decided to download the film instead and read the book later.

A love story that has levels that are not meant to be understood by the likes of the (mis)educated girl on the bus, Atonement explores the story of a little girl's mind that is able to create characters and scenes. Then one is led to a web of a narrative that blurs the line between fiction and reality. A writer who's mind runs on fiction, tears lives apart and ultimately, cursing two hearts beating.

Excellent cinematography, score and acting, that is Atonement.

Watch/read it and let me know what you think. :)

Litterbug: does this say that writers are very good weavers of lies?!?! hahahaha :p


2 comments:

  1. Dan, we missed you in BS today.
    Also, just want to point out a faulty link, the one for Abi Fernan says "blospot". HAHAHAHA.

    Lend me Atonement after you? =)

    God bless you, Dan! =D
    (And in fairness, read about the girl in the bus. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.xD Panalo ka talaga!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nariness

    Thank you for pointing that out! :)
    i had to go to a party eh kaya i missed BS sorry.

    yeah i'll be done wit the book in a jiffy :)

    ReplyDelete