Thursday, August 20, 2009

UP, up and away!

Watched Disney/Pixar's UP with my growth group last night.

And it's just awesome! Sans the effort to rationalize the amount of realism the film has - talking dogs and multi-colored cross-breed dodo bird and ostrich - the massive amount of scientific inconsistencies just makes the animated feature more fun and entertaining. Talking dogs? You get the picture.

Some scenes are tear-jerkers - at least to the awesome girl two seats away from me - and some have LOLs written all over it.

Carl, Ellie, Russell, Dug and Kevin prove that an adventure despite the inevitable danger along the way, is still an adventure worth taking. And in Carl's case, it was an adventure he had to do with a crossed heart.

As always, the Disney/Pixar partnership delivers an animated film that is not just for kids but for adults with juvenile hearts.

So far, all of the films that they have made that I've watched - Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL-E and Up (I have not watched both Toy Stories and A Bug's Life, I'm a loser that way) - I always get the same feeling after.

I'm not sure what it is, but others call it "heart-warming".

No comments:

Post a Comment