Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rice Chronicles #1


I'm on a journey towards losing weight. I used to say that I don't really care if the "daddy-tummy" is starting to develop. (no, I ain't a dad yet, I promised to keep the crib empty remember? hehe) Since I think that despite having one, I'd still get paid with what I do anyway. I don't use my flabs to think and w
rite in the first place. And so, I continued with my day to day living without caring on the amount of food I eat (and my officemates would tell you that I've been eating a lot) But I realized very recently that the "daddy-tummy" development has to stop. And here I am, embarking on a road that I've taken before - I ain't gonna eat rice at least until our concert day on September 6.

Yesterday was my first day for the no-rice diet and I was successful! For breakfast, I ate Cream-O and coffee. For lunch, we ate at Chowking and I ate pancit bihon and siopao. And for dinner, I ate pancit canton and fried eggs. Yeah yeah, you'll tell me that what I ate aren't so healthy either. But then again, they're not carbs from rice so it's all good for me :p

Until when will I last? I don't know. The rice grains' pull is strong, but I'm the one with the brain. So I guess it's all up to me.

4 comments:

  1. is in total agreement with Lil Miss Tabs...

    you'll be better off with rice compared to the sodium rich Pansit Canton that you gobbled up.

    plus the Cream-O for breakfast, bro... You'll be far off from your goal.

    If you wanna lose that 'daddy-tummy' excercise is always the way to go. You'd have to build them muscles up so that they eat your fats out.

    Avoid sugar (at least refined ones) and go for hi-fiber foods (even carbs). Whole wheat of anything is always the way to go. Go for oats for breakfast, and fruits to snack with.

    Avoid hi-sodium meals... they'll retain water and keep that flabby tummy there. trust me... been there done that.

    You can still have rice... go for the brown ones. And FYI... Fried Rice doesn't pass for brown rice.

    good luck my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. try mo puro sayote. haha! napadaan lang -aga

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to die. D: Pancit canton AND fried eggs for dinner? DAAAAN! D:

    I'm also trying to lose weight. Here's what I'm doing:

    1. No breakfast/a fruit - to contract the stomach. Helps you feel fuller when you do eat. Plus, decrease calorie intake.
    2. Lunch - whatever, but no overeating and no excessively fatty food (ex. crispy pata, etc.)
    3. Dinner - Tuna (for protein to keep my muscle mass) and a cup of rice. Pwede rin 2 slices of wheat bread.
    4. No snacks - junk food or otherwise. No sweet stuff. The only sweet stuff you can consume is a bottle of Pepsi Max or Coke Zero. Caffeine helps curb your hunger, plus, zero calories. :) Exercising will also help decrease your hunger pangs.
    5. Once a week 2 hour jump rope work out (it burns about 1200 calories, and will keep your metabolism flying for days!)
    5. Daily 30-minute jump rope routine (burns 300 calories, and maintains your metabolism)

    Go Dan go! Having a nicer body helps you look better, because your clothes fit better! Plus, you have more confidence during those inevitable times that you have to take your shirt of for one reason or another. ;)

    ReplyDelete