Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Club

Dear UP StreetDance Club,

Everything started in June 22, 2006. I was number 3. Chris Brown was playing. The room was full of kids aspiring to become part of your seemingly exclusive group. You'd actually have to audition first just to become an applicant! An hour and a half later, the auditions were over and I was on my way back home.

I've always wanted become a part of your group. Ever since I saw you perform during my sister's graduation in April 2003. When I got into UP, I was a week late when I learned about the auditions. After taking Basic StreetDance, screaming during 1st Skechers Streetdance Battle and watching Street Fuzion 6, I stood in front of a panel. Clueless as to what I'll do for the freestyle part of the auditions.

June 26, 2006 I went to the gym to check the list of students who passed. There was none yet. I went home, still hoping that I got in. I was alone, eating dinner when I got the message. "Congratulations..." was the first word that I read and my phone fell into pieces.

Before I knew it, I was training with 34 other people in a room covered with blue mats. Fast forward to March 3, 2007 some of us survived the application process and our first concert as members beckoned. The feeling felt surreal. Exactly a year ago, I was part of the humongous audience watching and screaming in awe. A year later, I was a part of the family on stage.

It wasn't always a walk in the park for us. I know I was one of those kids that took a lot of patience from your end. I'm very sorry for the all the headaches I've caused. I'm sure that at one point my name was synonymous to trouble during conversations. You taught me a lot about character. Thank you for never giving up on me, even if I was just too hard to handle; for allowing me to grow.

Temperature, So Excited, Ching-a-Ling, Go Dumb and Imma Shine are songs I probably wouldn't want to hear again. But you wanted me to dance to those songs week after week.

Batch 06 - Barbie, MJgirl, Noelie, Iya, David, Toki, Joan, Sam, Malco, Jolo, Kel, etc. You guys rock!

Blue Team - Micx, Trizza, Em, Kevin, Rev, Peter, Lian, Malco, Danya, Roz, Rapha, Aylene and Nikki = AWESOME TEAM! =)

Chosen Ground 4
Chosen Ground 5: Reboot
Street Fuzion 7: Homecoming
Street Fuzion 8: Ministry of Dance
Street Fuzion 9: Crossroads
Thank you for these five concerts. It was such a privilege sharing the stage with you.

And now I make my final bow. Good bye for now.
Thank you for the most rockin', kick-ass, awesome three and a half years.
The experiences I shared with you will always be incomparable. Will never exchange them for anything.
For the mean-time, I'll again be part of the crowd in front of you. :)

Regards,

Dan

3 comments:

  1. nakakaiyak naman toh :( unlikes this...due to goodbyes :( -rapha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll come back when it's over. No need to say goodbye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :(( KUYA DAN i miss dancing and training with you too. One day sabay ulet tayo makakasayaw on stage!

    ReplyDelete