Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Not a Love Story

This is a story of boy meets girl. But you should know up front, this is not a love story.

I'm a sucker for chick flicks.

And (500) Days of Summer has been on "YOU SHOULD WATCH" list since forever.

It's one of those films that, as my friend Abi Fernan wrote, "hits the men hard. Yes, the man gets hurt this time and I find it rare for movies to make men feel so hurt they actually TALK about the movie after and express the sadness that they feel.

And talk about the movie I did.

Obviously, the storyline was non-linear as it would jump from day 300something to day 22. But what I liked most was the French Impressionist treatment of the film. Think Amelie and you'd know what I mean. The play of cinematography and mise-en-scene was just amazing. Sorry, the Maskom in me is something I can't live without.

And the film comes with such a kick-ass soundtrack!

1 comment:

  1. Everything about 500 Days of Summer is refreshing... :-) It was just the right mix of cute and heartbreaking. And yes, the soundtrack is awesome! The fashions, too!

    ReplyDelete